How to personalise greeting cards
Select a cardThe card category menu on the left gives you access to all of the cards in the system. To view a range of available cards, simply select a category from the menu.
- Once you have chosen a category, a series of thumbnails will be displayed for you to view. Eight thumbnails are shown at a time, with left and right buttons available to scroll through the remaining card thumbnails in that category.
- Hovering over any of the thumbnails reveals options relating to that card. These options are:
- Add to favourites - If you are registered and logged in you can save this card to your favourites list
- Zoom Card - Show this card 'zoomed in' for more detail.
- Once you have found a card you would like to customise, simply click on the thumbnail to open the card editor.
Customise a card The card editor consists of two main areas. On the left is the preview and select panel. The panel to the right provides the page navigation and edit options for elements on the card. Edit options change to according to the card element that is selected. For example; selecting a text field in the preview pane opens the text options in the edit options panel (font, size, colour etc). Clicking on an image reveals options to change the image for one of your own and scale the image up or down. Each card has three pages that can be edited. Front, Inside Left and Inside right, which can be accessed by clicking on their respective buttons in the edit options panel.
Customise text Many of the card elements will be pre-populated with text or images, which can be edited. These elements are there to show you where the item is and what it looks like. To change any of the pre-popluated text just click on it and replace it with text of your choice. As you do so, note that as you are typing it will automatically resize and scale so that the what you are typing fits in the area available. To avoid text becoming too small, most fields have a limit on the amount of characters that can be entered. Once you have entered your chosen text you can adjust its properties in the edited options panel. Options are Font - To choose a different fornt, Size - Adjust the font size, Colour - Change the text colour and Text alignment - To align the text left, center or right in its containing text box.
Insert your own imageIf the card you have chosen contains an editable image (represented by a camera icon - ) clicking on the icon will reveal options to insert your own image will become available in the edit options panel. The edit options panel now allows you to insert an image from your computer, or from your facebook profile.
- To insert a picture from your PC click on the camera icon titled "From your PC or your HelloTurtle photo library" and browse to where that picture is stored on your PC.
If you have previously registered you can also store images that you may want to use in your own HelloTurtle photo library.
- To insert a picture from your facebook account click on the icon titled "From your facebook photos". This will launch a facebook login page. In order to use your facebook photos you must grant HelloTurtle access to your facebook photos using your usual facebook login details. Once you have successfully logged in you will see the message "Request for Permission". Click "Allow" to access your facebook photos. Browse through your albums an images and select an image for your card. Once you have found an image you would like to use, click on it to select it.
- Having selected an image you will now return to your card with your chosen image in place. You can adjust the placement of the image by clicking on it and dragging it around the available area on the card. To adjust the size of the image, use the "Photo Zoom" slider to increase or decrease its size. By combining the drag and resize functions you can place the image on the card at a size that you feel is the most effective.
- Once you customised the front page to your satisfaction, do the same for the Front, Inside Left and Inside Right pages.
Previewing your card When you have customised the card to your liking click the "Continue" button. HelloTurtle will create your customised preview. Check each page of the card to make sure it's how you would like it (pay particular attention to spellings of names and dates). If you spot a mistake or would like to make a change click "Edit" to return to the card customisation page. If you are happy with the card click "Continue".
Address book Having created your card you now need to decide what you want to do next. There are three options
- Send directly to recipient. If you would like the card to be sent directly to someone.
- Send it back to me. If you would like the card to be sent to you so that you can deliver it personally.
- Edit this card. To make further changes.
(Note: In order for the HelloTurtle card system to associate each customised card with the correct user, you will need to register and login at this point in order to continue).
- Once registered and logged in you will be presented with "send card to recipient" options. If this is the first time you have visited this part of the site since registering you will need to add an address by clicking the "Add new address". Enter the address details and click "Create Address". This will save an address that you can send cards to.
You can create as many addresses as you like by repeating the process. Try adding addresses for some of your friends and family.
You can also edit and delete addresses on this page.
- When you have finished adding addresses find the address you would like the card to be sent to and select it by clicking on the tick icon.
Delivery The next screen is "postal options". Select which type of delivery you would like from the options available, then click in the field under "When would you like to send it?" to open the date selector. As you select each option information relating to the options you have chosen will be displayed. This will include despatch times and estimated delivery date. When you have made your choices click "Continue".
Shopping Basket The shopping basket shows details about the cards you have created and prices. You can choose to delete or re-edit card items your basket from here. If you have been given a HelloTurtle discount code enter it in the discount code field and click the tick icon to verify. To pay for your the cards in your basket click "Pay". This will transfer you to our secure online payment provider. Once your payment has been received your card will be processed to be printed and sent on your chosen date to the recipient you selected.