Terms and conditions
Our Website Terms and conditions set out some important terms that apply to your use of the Website, please read them before using the website.
For all purchases you make through our website you will be contracting with Signature Greetings Limited, a limited liability company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 07444011. Signature Greetings Limited is referred to in these terms and conditions as HelloTurtle".
36 Northampton Road,
Leicester LE16 9HE
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 08455 210 926
VAT registration number: GB 109 1688 08
Use of the website
Abuse of Service
You agree not to use the website directly or indirectly for any unlawful purpose or so as to cause distress or offence to any person.
You agree not to upload, email to HelloTurtle or print any images or other copyrighted material without the express permission of the owner.
HelloTurtle reserve the right to deny, at our sole discretion, your access to the Services and/or the Website without reason or notice, delete the contents of your account and refund you any payment for unsent cards, suspend your use of the Service and/or Website where you break these Terms and conditions or the law and refer any matter to the police or the courts, where in our opinion, HelloTurtle consider the matter is of a criminal or illegal nature.
Intellectual Property Rights
All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that is contained on the website is protected by our or third party copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws
You are not permitted, except where expressly authorised to do so, to change, copy, store, publish, rent, license, sell or distribute in any way any of these intellectual property rights.
"HelloTurtle" is our registered trademark. You agree not to display or use it in any manner without our prior written consent.
The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and HelloTurtle shall not be liable to you for your inability to use the service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you via the website will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms and conditions; and all warranties in respect of the website, the items supplied by HelloTurtle and any other services that HelloTurtle may provide through the website from time to time are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. This does not prejudice your statutory rights.
Changes to the website and services
HelloTurtle reserve the right to make changes from time to time to the website and the items and services that HelloTurtle offer to you via the website without notice to you.
External third party links
HelloTurtle may provide links to other websites or services. These links are provided for your convenience. HelloTurtle do not endorse the contents of those websites, are not responsible for the availability of these websites or services and will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites or services. If you decide to access any linked third party websites you do so at your own risk.
All products on our Web-site are all licensed with a Third Party or owned by the Company. HelloTurtle.com makes every effort to ensure that all of the items shown on the website are accurately represented however variations in colour, typefaces and layout may occur. HelloTurtle.com reserve the right to replace a product with an equally high quality product, or to discontinue a product, at any time without prior warning and without giving reason for doing so.
Price and Value added Tax
Prices of all greetings cards are inclusive of VAT. Please note that no VAT invoices can be issued for products ordered from the website.
Postage and Delivery
|Order Placed (UK)||Sent by us|| Estimated arrival
|Before 2pm Mon-Fri||Same day||The Royal Mail advise that 90% of first class post in the UK will arrive the following day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to 3 working days.
|After 2pm Mon-Thurs||Next working day
|After 2pm Fri||Following Monday
|Saturday and Sunday||Following Monday
|Public Holidays||Next working day
|If possible, we recommend you allow 3 working days for delivery from the 'Sent by us' date.
Points to Note when sending your Personalised Cards and Gifts
- The despatch date is the date when we SEND the card or gift from our depot. It is not to be confused with the date it will be delivered (see table for general guidelines for delivery times)
- Your order will arrive much faster if you use a Postcode as Royal Mail is mostly automated and if the Postcode is omitted it will take longer to process and therefore your card or gift may be delayed.
- If you need to look up a Postcode then simply go on to www.royalmail.com and use their Postcode finder.
- We cannot be held responsible if you complete incorrect details for delivery and any item is subsequently not received. Please check that all details for the delivery address are correct before submitting your order for completion.
All UK Orders
We print and despatch all cards and most of our Gifts from the East Midlands here in the UK. All other gifts are despatched from other locations in the UK.
All our cards are posted by First Class or Airmail depending on the address of the recipient (unless the special delivery option is selected where an extra cost will be added depending on the service you require). Costs are calculated on the weight of the item being sent so the postage cost will increase as the size of your order increases. The Postage and Packaging cost includes the cost of all envelopes or Gift boxes supplied and is not just based on the cost of a stamp or the Courier Charge. Our site will automatically calculate the postage rate when all items are entered in to your basket.
If you order cards to be delivered back to you for you to deliver them by hand, they will be sent in an outer envelope with a blank envelope inside. In the case of a Large Card being sent back to you, the postage will cost more than sending it direct because of the extra weight of the larger outer envelope.
Royal Mail state that 90% of deliveries to addresses in the UK will arrive the following working day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to three days and in some cases slightly longer. If possible allow at least three days from the date the card is sent so that it arrives on time. We think it is better for your card to arrive early than up to three days late. If your order has not arrived after three days PLEASE let us know.
Unfortunately (and we have no control over this) The Royal mail process these large items by hand and this may cause a delay to the delivery date. We suggest that if you want to send a Large Card and make that surprise extra Special then please allow at least an extra day for delivery.
Delivery Terms of Partner Suppliers Personalised and non Personalised Gifts
inc. Sweets, Posters, Cufflinks, Photo Frames, Name a Product, Take away Spa Day, Bears, Candles, Coffee/Tea drinkers sets, Love Monster, Message in a Bottle, Romantic Rewards, Board Games, Letter from Santa, Adopt a Penguin
Direct Despatch delivery will be made direct to you from our Third Party Partner supplier's premises to where you have provided the relevant details. Delivery is usually made by first class post and takes between 2 to 5 business days. All orders are despatched the following business day where the order is placed before 1pm. Time is not of the essence for delivery of any Goods under this Agreement.
Where delivery is outside the UK, you may be liable to pay additional tax or duty once the Goods reach your country. This may vary from country to country. Please contact your local customs office for more information.
Please note that Goods may be subject to inspection by your local customs office where delivery is outside the UK.
You must notify us immediately if the Goods have not been delivered or if there has been a partial delivery of the Goods only. Any missing items should be listed and notified to us within 5 working days, whereupon we will try to establish the whereabouts of your order and may require you to contact your local sorting/despatch branch of the Post Office as we cannot make enquiries direct with the Post Office for a third party (i.e. customer) delivery.
We will then carry out investigations which may take up to a further 10 days to establish the whereabouts of your missing parcel. In any event, this is the minimum period we are required to wait by the Royal Mail for delivery of late items.
Where enquiries have been carried out including investigations by the customer at their local sorting/despatch office (which is a requirement to expedite enquiries) and the parcel is still lost in transit, a duplicate order maybe sent out after the expiry of 10 working days.
Damage in Transit
Please advise us immediately if Goods are found to be damaged upon delivery and notify your customer that the Goods must be kept within the original packing and made available for inspection, if necessary.
In the case of Goods damaged in transit our total liability to you is limited to providing replacement Goods within a reasonable period.
Return of defective products
We take every care at HelloTurtle to produce the best possible product and all cards/gifts leave our despatch office in pristine condition. In the event that your card is damaged in transit, in the first instance take photographic evidence and email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of the damage incurred. We will then acknowledge your complaint.
Additionally, in order for us to carry out further investigations into the cause of the damage, please return the card/gift and its original packing to
St James Business Park
Radcliffe on Trent
The damaged item will need returning within three working days from receipt, whereupon we will examine its condition and return to you with our findings. In the meantime, if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
HelloTurtle are committed to protecting your privacy. HelloTurtle are registered with the Data Protection Registar (registration number: Z2734975) and will only use the information that HelloTurtle collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You can check the information that HelloTurtle hold about you by logging on to our website and checking your Account. You may update your personal information online.
HelloTurtle use of your contact information
HelloTurtle will not sell or pass your name, address or e mail address to any third party unless legally obliged to by UK Government authorities. HelloTurtle will use this information to send you an e-mail updating you of new products and seasonal offers. In addition you may choose to receive e mail reminders.
When you register on the site you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving any communication from HelloTurtle other than that required to process your registration or subsequent orders. At any point you can change this preference in your account details.
E-mail reminders and opt in
In order to receive e mail reminders from HelloTurtle you must opt in to receive communications from HelloTurtle. If you decide to opt out HelloTurtle will be unable to send you any more reminders.
In order to improve the service offered to you technology may be used to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the site and to help personalise the content displayed to each user. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored by your browser however; it will not include any personal or sensitive information.
Credit card transactions
Your card details are obtained and transferred directly to our Payment Service Provider (www.paypoint.net) for immediate authorisation. For your security; your card details are not stored by or available to HelloTurtle.com. Once HelloTurtle.com have received authorisation from our Payment Service Provider we will confirm and process your order. In addition to using your credit or debit card, cards may be paid for using a 'Prepay' account whereby HelloTurtle.com offer an additional credit to your account. Please see our additional Terms and Conditions regarding 'Prepay'
Other Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement in respect of the use of the website and the items and services offered via the website. HelloTurtle may vary these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and you should therefore check them each time you intend to use the website.
If any of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. No waiver by HelloTurtle of any term shall be deemed to be continuing or shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other term.
These terms and conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Your legal agreement with HelloTurtle is made up of (A) the terms and conditions set out No's 1 - 16 and (B) The separate terms and conditions for HelloTurtle Content and creation below (the 'Video Card Terms').
You agree not to use the Website and the Video Card Application directly or indirectly for any unlawful purpose, or to cause distress or offence to any person. You also agree not to upload, email to us or print any images or other material which may infringe intellectual property rights of third parties without the express permission of the owner of the rights or to upload, email to us or print any content which may be offensive, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening or illegal.
The Video Card Terms apply to all users of the HelloTurtle Video Card Application, including users who are contributors of content, on the Video Card Application. "Content" includes the text, graphics, images, photos, animations, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations and other materials you may view on, access through or contribute to the HelloTurtle Video Card Application.
1. You may not use the Video Card Application and may not accept the Video Card Terms if you are under the age of eighteen (18) and have not obtained permission from your parents.
2. In order to access some features of the Website or other elements of the Video Card Application, you will have to create a HelloTurtle account. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. It is important that you must keep your HelloTurtle account password secure and confidential.
3. HelloTurtle may reject or refuse to create HelloTurtle Video Cards for any or no reason, including if as part of the Video Card Application you use content that, in the sole judgment of HelloTurtle, violates this agreement or which may be offensive, defamatory, obscene, indecent or illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity. HelloTurtle assumes no responsibility for monitoring the HelloTurtle Video Card Application for inappropriate content or conduct.
4. You must notify HelloTurtle immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your HelloTurtle account that you become aware of.
5. You agree that you will be solely responsible (to HelloTurtle, and to others) for all activity that occurs under your HelloTurtle account.
6. You agree to avoid activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code or files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network.
7. You agree not to use the HelloTurtle Video Card Application for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise.
8. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that HelloTurtle has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under these Video Card Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which HelloTurtle may suffer) of any such breach.
9. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own content and the consequence of publishing it in a HelloTurtle Video Card. HelloTurtle does not endorse any content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and HelloTurtle expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with content.
10. You agree that your conduct on the HelloTurtle Video Card section of the Website will comply with (and you agree that all of your Content shall comply with) HelloTurtle terms and conditions, as updated from time to time.
11. You agree that you will not use any content which contains material which it is unlawful for you to possess in the country in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for HelloTurtle to use or possess in connection with the provision of the Video Card Application.
12. You agree that Content you submit to the Video Card Application will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party intellectual property rights (including without limitation rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to use the material in question.
13. Data Protection: by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree that you have gained permission, explicit or implied, by all parties involved in the film. HelloTurtle reserve the right to remove any content if contacted to say that this permission was not gained or has been withdrawn.
14. On becoming aware of any potential violation of these Video Card Terms, HelloTurtle reserves the right to remove your content and/or terminate your access to the Video Card Application for uploading content which is, in our sole discretion, in violation of these Video Card Terms or any other terms and conditions on the Website at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
16. HelloTurtle is under no obligation of confidentiality with respect to any content that you upload as part of the Video Card Application.
17. HelloTurtle shall have no liability to you or any other person for any loss, damage or destruction to the content or any other material uploaded or emailed by you to HelloTurtle as part of the Video Card Application.
18. HelloTurtle Video cards are compatible with most iPhone and Android smartphones capable of downloading and installing the HelloTurtle app available for free at the Apple App Store and Android Market. See below for more details:
- Compatible Apple devices: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone5, iPod Touch (4th Gen), iPad 2. Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
- Compatible Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S range, Google Nexus One & Sony Xperia X10. Also works on many other Android 2.1 + devices.
19. If you are sending a HelloTurtle Video Card outside of the UK, please be aware of the following restrictions:
- In order for HelloTurtle Video Cards to work outside of the UK, recipients will need a smartphone capable of downloading and installing the HelloTurtle app available for free at the Apple App Store and Android Market, alternatively you can download a suitable QR code reader App for this purpose. See the previous point for more details.
- The recipient will also need to download the free HelloTurtle app onto their phone from the UK App Store or the UK Android Market, or a suitable QR code reader App.
Ordering your Personalised Products
When you've placed your order (this means when you've chosen a card or gift and paid for it in the basket), we will send you a confirmation of your order by email. We will detail all the items you have ordered and paid for, together with any other relevant details. Please note that completion of your order through the HelloTurtle checkout process does not legally constitute our acceptance of your order if we find that you are in contravention of any of our Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of your order will only be deemed to have taken place when we notify you that we have despatched the same. It is at this point that a 'Purchase Contract' can be accepted as being in place between yourself and HelloTurtle.com, the Contract is not in place at the point of payment. In the event that you cancel your order or if we notify you, for whatever reason, that we cannot accept or fulfil your order then it is accepted that no 'Purchase Contract' will have be made between our two parties.
We may not be able to accept an order for one or more of many reasons, listed below are some of those reasons which are by no means exhaustive:
a. If we do not have your chosen items in stock or cannot agree on a suitable replacement
b. If we cannot obtain full and legal authorisation for payment
c. If there has been a price error or the product description is incorrect for whatever reason
d. If you do not meet the relevant eligibility criteria as set out in our terms and conditions
e. We cannot fulfil orders for personalised products which contain reference(s) to any (& all) copyrighted information where the relevant permission has not been obtained.
f. In accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 (The current and any updated Legislation will always be in force), we cannot sell alcoholic products to anyone under the age of 18. We may refuse your order or our Couriers may refuse a delivery of alcoholic purely at our sole discretion if our Order/delivery criteria are not met. When you place an order for alcohol or any product containing alcohol, you are deemed to be confirming that both yourself and the person receiving or consuming the Product(s) is aged 18 years or over.
g. If your order for Personalised products (which includes cards, Gifts and any other items, where individual content is applied, contains any items (words or images) which can be construed as being any of the following, this list is by no means exhaustive:
Content which is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, blasphemous, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, , inflammatory, or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience
We reserve our rights to cancel your order at any time (we are not under any obligation to state our reasons for doing so) and issue a full refund. This does not affect your statutory rights under current Legislation.
Personalising cards and gifts and other Products
Here at HelloTurtle.com we strive to provide you, our Customer, with a fast service using High Quality products on a state of the art bespoke Printing system therefore, in order to fulfil all of our orders and get your Products to you with the minimum delay, our Production and despatch times are as follows:-
Cards orders can be amended up to and including 12 midnight before the day of despatch**
Wines, Spirits & Ales Personalised orders can be amended up to and including 12 midnight before the day of despatch.**
**You can only alter your Personalisation when your order is shown as "Waiting to be printed"
Flower orders cannot be amended once your order is confirmed
Sweets/Cufflinks/Posters/Take Away Spa Day/Adopt a Penguin/Hampers cannot be amended once your order is confirmed.
Please ensure that you check and re-check your order (especially spelling mistakes) both on screen at the time of Personalising and check your confirmation email carefully to make sure that all the details are correct. Since we offer a Personalised service we cannot deem to ascertain whether spelling mistakes are erroneous or in fact intentional, the onus is placed upon you the Customer, at the time of ordering, to ensure that the details you enter are those which you intend to be printed. We cannot entertain any refund, whether partial or in full upon Products where the personalised message has been mis-spelt due to an error made by you.
If you are uploading a photo, images must be in JPEG format. Any other format ie Word documents and PDFs cannot be accepted. In order to achieve the best results on your Personalised product we suggest you make the dimensions of the image approx. 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your chosen photo(s). We print images at 300DPI (Dots Per Inch), so if you are scanning the image we recommend you use this setting to achieve optimum results. If you try to upload a photo that has a lower resolution or image size than those recommended we will accept it, however, an on screen warning is displayed to let you know that the image might not print very well, therefore, you may not achieve the desired quality intended.
How long will my helium balloon last?
Providing your balloon is given the right care and attention your balloon will float for 3 to 5 days. In the right conditions it might last up to 8 days.
All of our Balloons are filled with helium gas and are sensitive to extreme temperature changes that can change the appearance. This means it might appear deflated in cold air - to resolve the problem, simply put your balloon somewhere warm and it will expand again. Always remember to keep your balloon away from extreme heat however, as this could cause the helium to expand and the balloon to burst.
Foil balloons may conduct electricity and should not be released outside or used near any overhead power lines. Always keep a good of the Balloon or ensure the weight is always attached to the balloon to prevent it from floating away
What is helium?
Helium is the gas we use to fill the balloons and make them float. Helium is an inert, (lighter-than-air gas). It is non-toxic, odourless and colourless and non-flammable. However, helium is an asphyxiant and should never be inhaled.
We hope you enjoy your helium Balloons...
Here at HelloTurtle.com we occasionally run competitions on our web site and on our dedicated Social Media sites. Listed below are some rules and regulations (the legal bits) that are in force for all of our competitions on www.helloturtle.com, our Social Media websites and to encompass any of our associated partners. (other terms and conditions may apply for individual competitions and these will be posted at the time)
HelloTurtle Competition Rules
The following terms are deemed to be the regulation criteria when entering into any of our competitions whether on our web-site or on any of our Social Media pages or through any other medium associated with HelloTurtle.com. They are to be in force and will apply together with any other additional Terms and/or conditions which may also be published as a separate entry on our web site and/or Social Media pages/profiles.
1. These rules are the "Competition Terms and Conditions" and apply to any & all competitions which we may run from time to time on our Website and the HelloTurtle.com Facebook and Twitter pages or any other medium associated with HelloTurtle.com. By entering into one of our Competitions, entrants unconditionally and unreservedly agree to be bound by the Competition Terms and Conditions together with all other Terms and Conditions on the Website or any other medium from time to time in force.
2. Competitions are not open to any Person or persons who have been or are currently employees of HelloTurtle.com or any of its associated agencies who are involved directly or indirectly with the administration of the Competition or any member of their households.
3. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to specific Competitions, e.g. A valid I.D. a valid passport, visas and/or driver's licence and any other conditions which may be in force from time to time. These will be set out at the time in the relevant Competition Notice and/or additional Terms.
4. By entering our Competition(s), you confirm that all the relevant information submitted by you is true, current and complete. HelloTurtle.com reserves our right to verify/check the eligibility of any and all competition participants, especially where certain terms are a pre-requisite of entry.
5. Where we require you to provide your address with the entry details, we will subsequently use this address to send any prizes so please ensure that your details are correct since HelloTurtle.com cannot be held responsible for non delivery due to inaccuracies supplied by the Entrant. Unless otherwise stated in additional Competition Terms, Competitions are only open to permanent residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident outside of the U.K.
6. HelloTurtle.com assumes that by using the Website and/or Social Media sites and entering our Competition(s) and in subscribing or taking part in the activities involved, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, it is universally assumed that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and use of the web-site and/or Social Media sites in accordance with the Competition Terms and conditions appertaining thereto. All competitions will be assumed to be open to entrants aged 18 & over and HelloTurtle.com assumes that by entering the Competition (and in essence you confirm that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition.
7. HelloTurtle.com reserves the right to disqualify any competition entrant if it is deemed to have discovered reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Competition Terms and conditions.
8. In the unlikely event that a winning entrant is disqualified from any of our Competitions, at the sole discretion of HelloTurtle.com, notwithstanding any other circumstances, we may or may not decide on a replacement. Should this be necessary then any replacement entrant will be selected and must be subject to the same criteria as the original (disqualified) entrant. Any entrants that are disqualified from our Competitions for whatever reason, will not be eligible to enter any future competitions.
9. Competition entries must be made through 'the first person' ie entries through agents or third parties will not be accepted.
10. Entries for our Competitions must be made in the manner stipulated in the Terms and conditions or on any promotional Headers, Posts or any other material. Entries must be received by the appropriate closing date and in the time specified in the Competition Notice/Post etc. Failure to comply with any and all of these terms will render the entry invalid and will be disqualified.
11. There is no purchase necessary in order to enter any of our Competitions unless the terms specifically state otherwise and there is no charge in force to register for the use of our Website.
12. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery as one is not deemed to be irrefutable proof of the other. HelloTurtle.com cannot be held responsible and cannot accept responsibility by default for any of the following reasons as to why a Competition entry may not be received on time (this list is by no means exhaustive) error, omission, interruption, communications line failure, theft, destruction, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, virus, bugs, technical issues, or other causes outside of the control of HelloTurtle.com.
13. HelloTurtle.com are not able to and cannot undertake to return any Entries, including those containing artistic or other material, once sent to HelloTurtle.com the competition entrant relinquishes their sole rights to the material submitted.
14. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms and/or other related notices, prize winners will be chosen in a random manner to be determined solely at the discretion of HelloTurtle.com from all correct Entries - the term 'correct' will be defined at the time of each Competition and will alter accordingly from time to time (HelloTurtle.com will have sole discretion over any subsequent decision(s) where artistic, creative, subjective or other non-specific criteria apply to competition entries) a Winner will be decided within 28 days of the closing date of each Competition - each Competition will state the period of time whereby entries will be duly accepted provided that all Terms and conditions have been adhered to. In all matters, appertaining to enforcement of competition terms and the ultimate decision of Competition winner(s) the decision of the judge(s) and HelloTurtle.com shall be final, no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into to reverse the decision(s).
15. Prize winners (howsoever determined in accordance with our Terms & conditions) will be notified within the time as specified. This may also involve contact by HelloTurtle.com's nominated supplier(s) wherever this applies. Should we receive notification that any Prize is undeliverable or if you fail to reply within the time specified or in the manner stated in the Terms & Conditions this may (and in most cases, will) result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. If the Competition states that more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. We reserve the right to publish Competition winner(s)' names on our Website or those of our nominated Suppliers.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative available, only those prizes stated will be available and cannot be exchanged for an alternative by the Prize Winner. However, HelloTurtle.com reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time without stipulating and for whatever reason.
17. Prizes are awarded solely at the discretion of HelloTurtle.com, no prizes will be awarded where action are deemed to be improper on the part of any entrant (Helloturtle.com is not at liberty to define the term 'improper' as each Competition and each entrant will be judged on an individual basis). In such Competition where entrants are submitting work to subsequently be judged on artistic merit, or creative content, or any other subjective criteria - to be determined in each Competition. HelloTurtle.com and/or the Competition judges reserve the right to have absolute discretion in their decision(s) and as a result, they do not have to select a winner if any Terms have been breached, HelloTurtle.com and their suppliers may also remove or amend selection criteria and/or alter the structure and/or operation of any Competition if entrants and/or entries submitted are not of the requisite standard (howsoever determined by Helloturtle.com.
18. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age as stated in our Terms and Condition of entry will prevail and must be observed at all times. HelloTurtle.com reserve the right to request written proof of age at any time from any entrant or any subsequent competition winner.
19. All additional expenses associated with any prize, delivery charges, taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc.) and any other non-specified costs associated with winning a Competition prize whatever the case may be, unless otherwise and specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and no claims for remuneration will be entertained or deemed to be valid as a result.
20. All Entries in whatever form (as specified at the time of the Competition) will become the sole property of HelloTurtle.com and/or its suppliers and may be used in a manner deemed fit and appropriate for marketing or promotional purposes. Any entrant submitting and entry will by doing so, waive all rights to their property on its receipt and such items will not be returned. Therefore it must be noted that in consideration of HelloTurtle.com agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrants agrees and each entrant hereby assigns (by their actions in submitting an entry) to HelloTurtle.com all intellectual property rights in his or her Entries and waives all moral rights. Entrants must also confirm that they hold all necessary rights in order to submit their entry and pass over this right to HelloTurtle.com. HelloTurtle.com cannot be held responsible for cases where and Entrant passes over material whereby they do not hold the necessary rights, onus lies with the Entrant not with HelloTurtle.com and any subsequent Court action as a result of erroneous actions by an Entrant, will be deemed to be the sole responsibility of the entrant and HelloTurtle.com cannot be joined in any defence of such claims whether joint or several.For the avoidance of doubt, pursuant to the above assignment (by the entrant) of intellectual property rights HelloTurtle.com (and third parties authorised by HelloTurtle.com) may make any and all entries available on their/or those of their associates' Website and in any and all other media, whether now known or which may invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and use, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and license the Entries in any way it sees fit, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, including in advertising and/or sponsorship, or any other way not mentioned.
21. HelloTurtle.com does not guarantee and is under no obligation to use or otherwise make publicly available any Entry or name of any entrant. HelloTurtle.com at its sole discretion, may also, in appropriate circumstances (which do not have to be disclosed by HelloTurtle.com) reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic for example, those which infringe the copyright of other intellectual property or the privacy rights of others i.e. those which are defamatory etc. or for any other reason, howsoever deemed to be 'unfit.'
22. Competition entrants hereby confirm that by submitting an Entry, any information submitted must be personal to and relate specifically to the Competition entrant, or permission is gained by the Entrant to submit the same for judging in a Competition, any subsequent grievance by a third party, howsoever caused will not be accepted by HelloTurtle.com and is the sole responsibility of the Competition entrant. When a Competition entry is submitted, the entrant hereby warrants that their Entry and all information submitted and/or distributed will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening, libellous, defamatory, or illegal. If deemed relevant but without obligation to do so, HelloTurtle.com reserves the right to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same. In any event the onus lies with the Competition entrant to ensure that they have met with all relevant criteria before submitting their entry for inclusion (and by doing so accepting all Terms and Conditions) in any Competition.
23. HelloTurtle.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction, howsoever caused of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the process of completing or attempting to complete a Competition entry.
24. HelloTurtle.com does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment whether implied or actual that may be construed to be suffered by any entrant entering the Competition and/or as a result of accepting any prize. Prizes of any kind are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, conformity with description or fitness for a particular purpose. The express provisions of these Competition Terms and Conditions are in place of all warranties, representations, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, all of which are hereby excluded by HelloTurtle.com to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. The name of any winner and/or detail of a winning Entry may be sent to anyone who writes to HelloTurtle.com within 3 months after the closing date, although HelloTurtle.com are under no obligation to do so and may refuse to impart this information without giving reason for their decision. Any request for details must be in writing giving the specific requirements and must be accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope.
26. Winners may be requested to take part in a promotional activity deemed to be appropriate at the sole discretion of HelloTurtle.com. HelloTurtle.com reserves the right, without offering any additional payment or permission, to use the names, ages and addresses of winners, also to use their photographs, creative matter whether actual or subjective and any audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity or promotional activities. By entering the Competition you agree to such use of your personal information, images, details, intellectual property, photographs and/or audio and/or visual recordings.
27. Data relating to entrants will be retained by HelloTurtle.com for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist HelloTurtle.com to operate Competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries relating to the Competition. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation
28. Any Competition and any/all Competition Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and any disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England & Wales. The Website is only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom. HelloTurtle.com makes no representation that materials on the Website relating to any Competitions are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Website outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws in force at the time.
Supply and Pricing of Goods
All cards and gifts which are sold on our website are shipped solely from the UK. We are always striving to reduce our Carbon Footprint. All cards are despatched from our Head Quarters in the East Midlands and enter in to the Royal Mail postage system for onward delivery provided that your order is placed before 2pm, orders received after 2pm will be despatched to the Royal the next working day. Other Gifts may have an earlier cut off time, in each instance this will be clearly displayed on our site.
Cards which accompany the following may be received in one package
Cards with any alcoholic product - Cards with balloons - Cards with chocolates
The following gifts will be despatched under separate cover to any cards ordered at the same time
Flowers, Photo frames, cufflinks, candles, sweets, Take away Spa day Pack, adopt a Penguin Pack, Hampers
Unless otherwise stated, discount and/or free vouchers are limited to one use per household. Individual Terms may also apply to other discount codes supplied through third party or partner Suppliers and these will be stated at the time the voucher is advertised. In any event, the one household usage stipulation will remain in force.